Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TREE NUTS AND PEANUTS?


Recently at A Mattituck street Fair, I met an Alexandra from Philly w/ her Aunt Christine from London, and Julia from North fork of LI...They were very smart and they shared a very important tip about tree nuts... They stated that there is a big difference btwn tree nuts and peanuts!
Peanuts are legumes that grow from the ground and walnuts and almonds are tree nuts!!! Many people are allergic to peanuts but do not have a problem with tree nuts. Therefore, she decided to buy the Carrot cake b/c it is made with fine chopped walnuts and not peanuts! I really didn't know the difference so I was happy to learn this info from a consumer! It makes a huge difference in sales and the way I will run my future bakery enterprise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment